The word Ergon comes from the Greek ergon, meaning deed, action, achievement, work, occupation.
Ergon Communications is about careers.
We are committed...
- to the development of career practitioners
- to the assistance of clients with career exploration & decision-making issues
We provide a broad range of resources and services...
- practical workbooks for clients
- professional materials for career practitioners
- workshops and professional development seminars
Both Gray Poehnell and Norman Amundson recently received the Stu Conger Award for Leadership in Career Development and Career Counselling. Gray received the award in 2012 and Norm in 2013. This award is presented by the Canadian Career Development Foundation and is in celebration of “visionary leadership, exemplary achievement and inspired dedication to the advancement of excellence in career development in Canada”.
Conference Presentations (2013)
- CANNEXUS – Ottawa, January (both Gray and Norm gave featured presentations)
- Career Management Association – Vancouver, March (Norm)
- Beyond Barriers Symposium, Vancouver, March (Gray, Norm – featured speakers)
- American Counseling Association – Cincinnati, March (Norm)
- CONTACT – Saskatchewan, April (Norm, featured speaker)
- Career Development Association of Australia, May (Gray, featured speaker)
- National Career Development Association, Boston, July (Norm, featured speaker)
Workshops (2013) - Norm
- Coaching Matters: Skills for the Coaching Conversation
- Career Flow: A career navigation tool for professionals
- Metaphor Making: Your life, your career, your way
- Creative Work Search
Norm is finishing the first phase of a CERIC funded research grant entitled “Hope Centered Career Development for College/University Students.
Norm is also finishing a SSHRC funded research grant focusing on the career development of managers.